Hiring a large cruising yacht
Most people have not experienced the responsibility of a boat and its passengers for extended periods. Cruising the Whitsunday Islands in Australia or the European Coast is a lifetime dream for many.
Boatschool provides a one day practical course that helps ease the stress and upskill the skipper and crew. Preparation and awareness from this course can help make your dream holiday truly memorable for the right reasons.
What you should expect
- A great day out cruising on Port Phillip that includes lunch.
- A very safe and maneuverable cruising boat that will give you confidence to skipper your own.
- An instructor that has the appropriate commercial qualifications and has more than 20,000 nautical miles in Australia and Europe.
- A fun experience that improves your boat handling and navigational skills
What you will do
- Pick up a mooring and anchor safely.
- Identify buoyage marks and what the mean.
- Navigate the Yarra River and across Port Phillip.
- Learn the basics of sail.
- See how time afloat can be very relaxing.
What it will cost
- $295 per person including lunch, drinks and snacks.
What you can do to secure a place
- Email John at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0422 002872