Launching a boat or Jet Ski can be the most stressful thing you do when boating. Planning and preparation is the key to stress free boating and launching is no different than any other boating activity.
- Prepare vessel as much as possible on the trailer including safety equipment.
- Remove tie downs, refit bung plugs, loosen safety chain, attach painter.
- Walk down ramp and check what to look out for.
- Reverse down in a straight line; go forward when out of line.
- Use the wind to your advantage.
- Slide the vessel off and secure alongside the jetty before parking the trailer.
Tips from the experienced
- Plan and prepare, think through the next move before doing it. Stay calm and never lose it. Have a plan if it doesn’t work the first time.
- Look and learn from those before you, maybe ask advice from those who look good at it.
- When with others, give clear instructions about how they can help. They will be very keen to be part of it and will look to you for directions.
- Don’t rush it, it will save time in the longer run.
- Extra Fuel
- Jumper Leads
- WD40 and anything else you think of.